Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another Dominick's Adventure

Tuesday night Fayge would not ride in the cart at Dominick's. After an epic struggle, during which we almost knocked over an apple juice display, I had to admit that I had lost. So she helped me push the cart, she picked out some lemon juice ("I need this," she told me), I tried a few more times to seat her in the cart, losing miserably each time, and then we got to the produce section.

I asked her to help me pick out some grape tomatoes, so she ran over to the tomatoes, picked up a carton, tossed it into the cart, and it opened. Grape tomatoes scattered all over. At this point, I decided that we were never going shopping together again and that I probably was not going to make it home in one piece. I picked her up, very emphatically told her she was going into the cart, she screamed, she cried, she said no, I tried to get her in, and then, after an epic struggle, I had to admit that I had lost.

"Fine," I said, "but you have to help me pick up all of the grape tomatoes."

Immediately she stopped crying, said, "Of course!" and picked up all of the grape tomatoes. Not a single one was crushed.

What a kid!

1 comment:

  1. Some ideas:
    * It may be time to bring lots of snacks (aka bribes) if you want to shop with her.
    *Or you can not take her.
    *Don't they have any little carts for her to push around?
    *Don't they have those carts that look like cars (or whatever) that she might enjoy sitting in?
    She's a doll, regardless :-)

    ReplyDelete


Baby and Mama