Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fayge's Booster

"I don't want a booster seat!" I didn't tell her in advance that it was actually a booster shot she was getting today.

However, Fayge knew that after a flu shot she gets a lollypop, and she had requested a pink lollypop weeks earlier. After her first H1N1 vaccination she cried for about 20 seconds, and then we ran over to find the man handing out lollypops, where she got a blue one (her first ever.) I expected something similar this afternoon. Usually, she begins crying the moment we enter the examination room at her pediatrician's office.

Hillel and I were shocked. Not only did she not cry when we went into the office, not only did she not cry when she realized that the flu shot was coming, not only did she not cry or whimper or even wince when she received the shot, but she actually thanked the nurse! Then she started in on her pink lollypop and asked if we could go shopping at Dominick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Baby and Mama